Step 1 – What is your definition of health?
I’ll meet people who say they eat healthy – and then a League or a pancake slide inwards. Or have lunch with a slice of white bread with margarine and processed chicken.
Eating healthy is not complicated, not expensive and not difficult. But most people see the trees for the forest anymore. For what is healthy and what is not healthy?
The question I have asked me over the years, after which I started working with separating hype, cultural ballast, economic interests and nonsense of the well-conducted scientific research .
And you know what? Is among scientists not much debate about what is healthy and what is not . The debate rages especially in the commercial sector . Food producers, large pharmaceuten, the medical sector, the ‘corrupt’ researchers who receive their money from parties with interests in the outcome of their investigation, the ideological food freaks, the popular media and lobbyists of all these parties confused public bring.
And if I have to summarize my findings about simple healthy food in one sentence then reads as follows:
Move towards a diet consisting of raw plant foods as much as possible . Where raw means that nothing bad is added and nothing good is removed.
Seems your diet does not it? Then you know you can make changes to live healthier.
16 common reasons that people do not lose weight
Here are 16 common reasons why people report eating healthily not lose weight .
- Your definition of “healthy” does not reflect reality . Slices of chicken breast contains less fat than bacon slices. But they still contain saturated fat, dozens of various additives and carcinogens . That something ‘lean’ with respect to another unhealthy product, does not mean that it promotes health. You see little promotion of fruit and vegetables on television – but countless advertisements for food that makes you sick and fat. If someone tries to sell as ‘healthy’, it is almost always the opposite .
- You use a lot of oil . Oil is a highly processed product, it does not grow on a tree. It contains lots of calories and little nutritional unwise. Olive oil is heavily promoted as a healthy alternative to animal fats. But that does not mean in itself healthy is. If you eat a lot of olive oil, then there is just fat in your arteries, your belly and between your organs. So be wise with oil and use it sparingly.
- You eat too little fiber . Fibers make you feel full, feed your gut flora (the so-called pre-biotics) and help you stay healthy. You eat less, poops better and feel less bloated. Fiber is only found in plants. The more fiber you eat, the more fruit, vegetables and whole grains you get inside.
- You eat little to no legumes . Legumes are high in fiber and unique fabrics that regulate your blood sugar. If you have lunch with legumes than your blood sugar rises less strongly during dinner . This will make your stay easier on weight. Most people eat only a few times a month legumes, while the earlier recommendation should be around 3 servings per day. Use beans, lentils, tofu, tempeh or hummus every day to benefit.
- You eat a lot of refined sugars . Unprocessed plant foods look no refined sugars. Yes, fruit contains sugar. But when you eat a piece of fruit as a whole, these sugars have no negative effect on your body. Isolated sugar does do that, because it is not packed with fiber and other nutrients. And beware: sugar is sugar. So less well with the healthy sugars like honey, agave syrup, palm sugar, coconut blossom sugar so sweet you eat fresh fruit or whole dried fruit.
- You eat a lot of meat and fish . Meat and fish contain nutrients, that’s true. But these nutrients can (except B12) out of plant foods. Meat and fish have negative effects on your body. As little inflammation throughout your body and an increased risk of various diseases. Vegetable diet has other side effects, such as a radiant skin, an anti-inflammatory effect and a reduced risk of various diseases. And it also contains another much less calories.
- You eat a lot of cheese and other dairy products . Cheese is not healthy – for the cheese industry also makes us wise. This is true to a lesser extent also to other dairy products. Yes – milk contains calcium. But calcium can also off (leaf) extract vegetable without charge saturated fat, irritated intestinal wall, the huge load of calories and increased risk of various diseases including (ironically) osteoporosis .
- You eat highly processed products . Whole food makes your body happy. A bread made from wholemeal flour is a recognizable raw product (not just added, nothing good deleted). An average ‘brown’ supermarket bread is made from flour (removed lots of fiber) and a whole bunch of weird additives and ingredients such as sugar. Even if you think you’re doing, you often get tricked. And that’s reflected in your love handles.
- You drink calories . The sugars that you drink be quickly and easily converted into fat – except smoothies with whole fruit. A glass of cola contains no fiber and nutrients to regulate the uptake, and so it goes almost straight to your hips. And yes, this also applies to fruit juice. Without the flesh is simply not good for the line. Drink does not contain any calories. Drink herbal tea, green tea, black coffee (no sugar), homemade smoothies and green water. Is not that sweet enough? Take the time to adjust. Everybody likes water . If not, then would not people would simply be.
- You eat too much healthy fats . Nuts and avocados are healthy and delicious. It’s all food – but it also contains a lot of calories. If you want to lose weight, it may be better not to eat continuously avocados. The same applies to dried fruit. A bag of raisins is so empty nibbled and contains quite a lot of calories. Try that do agree with two buckets of grapes. Then you become so full that you stops.
- You eat too little nuts . But do not make the mistake of not eating nuts. Not only prolong it possible your life and reduce the risk of various diseases. Nuts can also give you a feeling of fullness. Stick to a handful a day to enjoy the benefits without suffering the drawbacks.
- You eat little nutrition with few calories . Fruit is low in calories, so if you eat more than you can eat delicious large portions without you arrive. You feel satisfied and you will not get fat. So throw more mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, beans, broccoli and other vegetables with your meals to make them healthier and lighter.
- You’re too much . If you sit much anything will change your metabolism causing your sugar in your blood more quickly into fat. That is why many people are on average shorter life . So sit less, get more and move more. Maybe you can work each day standing for a few hours?
- You move too little . You do not need much exercise to lose weight. The harder you exercise, the more you start eating again. But as long as you exercise moderately intensive, you reap the benefits without the drawbacks. Walk more, take steps, bike often. Interweave more movement into your daily life without exhausting yourself continuously. Of course regular exercise very healthy – but it is not essential for losing weight.
- You’re dieting . Do not. Rather work to your daily habits to get down the calories per day. So you can get the rest of your life weight maintenance. For example, replace your first breakfast of oatmeal with fruit, then snacks to a piece of fruit, then have lunch at a soup or salad, etc. Until the day is largely based on whole grains, legumes, vegetables, nuts, seeds and fruit.
- You suffer from somewhere . Do you eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables? Move regularly, drink no mess and eat your little animal and processed products? Then it could be that you have a medical ailment which keeps you from losing weight. In this case, stop by the doctor. But staying healthy eating – because that can always do more good than harm for your body!
Small steps – big fun
Make small changes in your diet to shake your extra kilos away from you. Because if you change transforms into habit manage it for you automatically to maintain a healthy weight for the rest of your life while reducing your risk of disease dramatically.
So throw those for sugar produced rich ‘healthy’ cereal bars in your life – and grab a piece of fruit . Cheaper, just as nutritious and a lot better for your body and the line.